Dorn Bishop has extensive experience analyzing, reviewing, and even preparing insurance contracts, and he also has extensive experience litigating disputes that arise under them, including disputes that concern the following issues: (1) whether the insurer has a duty to defend and/or a duty to indemnify the insured; (2) whether the insurer denied coverage in bad faith; and (3) complex issues of indemnification, equitable indemnification, subrogation, and a wide range of matters that frequently arise in insurance disputes. Mr. Bishop, who litigated national and prominent insurance disputes while working as a partner at Latham Watkins, is proficient at reviewing insurance policies, which often seem bewildering if not incomprehensible even to very savvy business people and professionals who ordinarily can read and understand complicated business documents all on their own.
- Amazon’s Merger With Whole Foods Market (By William Markham, © 2017)
- “The Border-Adjustment Tax Is a Bad Idea Whose Time Has Not Come” (By William Markham, San Diego © 2017)
- “A Major Decision on Defining Relevant Geographic Markets in Hospital Cases” By William Markham, © 2016
- “Exclusive Dealing, Explained” By William Markham, San Diego Attorney, © 2016
- “Group Boycotts, Explained” By William Markham, San Diego Attorney © 2016